A Space Station 13 clone prototype that I've been working on for years. Not just this code in particular, but including the previous prototypes I've made in C++.
I've learned lots about game engine design, networking techniques, component based entities, and much more through working with this stuff. Lately I've only been working on it over the summers.
- Flexible component based entity system (DONE)
- Off-the-grid objects (DONE)
- Advanced 2D lighting (DONE)
- Demoing system (à la source demos) (DONE)
- Various gamemodes (DONE)
- Box2D physics (PROTOTYPED)
- Map editor (PROTOTYPED)
- Accurate networking (à la source multiplayer) with prediction and timetravel (PROTOTYPED)
- Simple controls that allow for creatures with infinite limbs. Monkeys can hold and use four weapons at once. (PROTOTYPE)
- Grid-based air simulation with air constitution/consumption/conversion.
- Dwarf-fortress style health system with dismemberment, organs, and blood content/constitution.
- Volume and weight (gravity matters!) styled inventory system with various wearable bags.
How To Run
You'll need Love2D installed, where you can run the game by dragging and dropping the game folder onto the executable to run it.